Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock, also known as RPSLS, is a variation of the classic game of Rock Paper Scissors, or RPS. The game was created by Sam Kass and Karen Bryla and was popularized by the television show “The Big Bang Theory.” RPSLS has gained a devoted following and has even been used in various competitions. To play RPSLS, players need to follow a set of official rules and guidelines.
The first step in playing RPSLS is to understand the five different hand gestures that are used in the game. These gestures include:
1. Rock – represented by a closed fist
2. Paper – represented by an open hand, with the fingers spread out and the palm facing down
3. Scissors – represented by a horizontal V-shape made by the index and middle fingers
4. Lizard – represented by a hand gesture where the fingers are splayed out, and the thumb is sticking out to the side, like a lizard’s tail
5. Spock – represented by a hand gesture where the index and middle finger are separated, forming a V-shape, and the ring and pinky finger are separated, forming another V-shape. The thumb is pressed against the palm.
To play RPSLS, two players stand facing each other. Each player simultaneously makes a hand gesture representing their choice of rock, paper, scissors, lizard, or Spock. The winner is determined based on the following rules:
– Rock crushes scissors
– Scissors cuts paper
– Paper covers rock
– Rock crushes lizard
– Lizard poisons Spock
– Spock smashes scissors
– Scissors decapitates lizard
– Lizard eats paper
– Paper disproves Spock
– Spock vaporizes rock
If two players make the same gesture, for example, both choosing rock, the result is a tie, and the game continues until a winner is determined.
In RPSLS, players are allowed to use both hands to make gestures, and they can also change their mind after making their initial choice, as long as both players agree. In addition, players are allowed to make gestures and accompanying sound effects, such as “rock crushes scissors,” which can add an element of fun and entertainment to the game.
One of the great things about RPSLS is that it can be played by players of all ages and skill levels. It’s a great way to pass the time and have some fun while also testing your strategy and decision-making skills.
In conclusion, RPSLS is a variation of Rock Paper Scissors that adds new elements to the classic game, making it even more exciting and challenging for players. By following the official rules and guidelines, players can enjoy this game at school, parties, and even in more competitive settings. So, why not try it out with your friends and see who comes out victorious![ad_2]