Rock Paper Scissors is a classic game that transcends cultures and age groups, providing a simple yet engaging means of settling disputes or just passing the time. While traditionally played between two players, it’s entirely possible to enjoy this game with more participants. In this article, we’ll explore how to play Rock Paper Scissors with multiple players and take a look at how the world-famous K-pop group BTS adds their unique twist to the game.
The Multiplayer Rock Paper Scissors Experience
When it comes to playing Rock Paper Scissors with more than two players, there are a few different ways to approach the game. Here are two popular methods:
In this format, players are divided into pairs and compete in a series of one-on-one games. The winners of each match advance to the next round until only one player remains, earning the title of the Rock Paper Scissors champion.
- Step 1: Pair up the participants and have them face off in a traditional Rock Paper Scissors game.
- Step 2: The winners of each pair move on to the next round, where they’ll compete against other winners.
- Step 3: Continue this process until only one winner remains, who is then crowned the ultimate champion.
Last Player Standing:
In this version of multiplayer Rock Paper Scissors, everyone plays simultaneously, and the game continues until only one player remains.
- Step 1: All players gather in a circle or around a table.
- Step 2: On the count of three, each player simultaneously reveals their chosen hand gesture (rock, paper, or scissors).
- Step 3: Players are eliminated if their hand gesture loses to another player’s gesture. If there’s a tie, those players continue to the next round.
- Step 4: The game proceeds in rounds, with the remaining players facing off until only one player remains victorious.
BTS: Rock Paper Scissors with a K-Pop Twist
The members of the globally renowned K-pop group BTS are known for their love of games and often engage in friendly Rock Paper Scissors matches to determine everything from who goes first in a competition to who gets to eat the last slice of pizza. Their approach to the game is a hybrid of the methods mentioned above, with a few unique elements that showcase their camaraderie and sense of fun.
Here’s how BTS plays Rock Paper Scissors as a group:
- Step 1: All seven members gather in a circle.
- Step 2: They count down together and simultaneously reveal their chosen hand gestures.
- Step 3: If there’s a clear winner (a single gesture that beats all others), that person is declared the winner. If there’s a tie, the players with the winning gestures continue to the next round.
- Step 4: The game proceeds in rounds until only one player remains, who is then declared the winner.
In addition to their traditional Rock Paper Scissors gameplay, BTS often adds entertaining variations or consequences for the losers, such as performing a silly dance or acting out a funny skit. This playful approach to the game reflects the group’s strong bond and love for lighthearted fun.
Playing Rock Paper Scissors with more than two players adds a new dimension of excitement and camaraderie to the classic game. Whether you’re organizing a friendly tournament or adopting BTS’s unique approach, there’s no doubt that Rock Paper Scissors can bring people together for a fun and engaging experience. So, gather your friends or family members and give multiplayer Rock Paper Scissors a try – you might just discover a new favorite pastime!